- Full Time
Job Title: Data Protection Assistant
Trust Location: Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
Would you like to be a part of a team that works well together, always there to help each other? If you answered yes, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust is the place for you.
About the Trust
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust is part of the National Health Service (NHS) and was formed in July 2010 with the integration of Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust with Croydon Community Health Services.
Croydon Health Services provides integrated NHS services to care for people at home, in schools, and health clinics across the borough as well as at Croydon University Hospital and Purley War Memorial Hospital.
Would you like to be part of a Trust that value, recognise and celebrate staff members? Who work as a team to provide a high-level service? If yes, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust is the place for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
* Processing of all aspects of requests for personal information held by Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, managing a busy mailbox and logging all request on a spreadsheet.
* Take requests from individuals or those authorised to act on their behalf, and to turn around those requests within the relevant statutory timeframes.
* Ensure that all requests which are not made by the individual themselves (e.g. from solicitors) have the correct patient authority.
* Read all documents to ascertain the precise nature of request, check on various Patient Systems for sources of relevant information. Apply to relevant departments using established forms and liaise with departmental contacts to ensure timely response.
You’ll learn the following whilst working at the trust:
1. An in depth understanding of the roles and responsibilities involved in working within the NHS
2. Knowledge of the systems used, to effectively complete your role to the highest standard at all times
3. A sense of teamwork, gained through working alongside and supporting colleagues from all levels, within the organisation
You’ll have the following skills/experience:
* Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written
* Microsoft office skills- Outlook, Word, and Excel
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Previous NHS experience
* Reliable and able to work at pace with minimal supervision
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
* Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week
* Essential support when you need it- 24/7 365 days- call us anytime
* Multi locational- work across neighbouring Trusts
* Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
* Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or longer-term placements
* Training and development opportunities- Keep up with the essentials and more
* Build holiday allowance for every shift you work- your work life balance is important to us
* Stakeholder pension scheme available- a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in place to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities’ organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants form a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website