Michael Page Legal
- Full Time
A broad, operational Data Protection Coordinator role, this role has an international remit and will play a key part in defining and implementing the organisation’s overall data protection strategy. The role is based close to Watford and can offer hybrid working, with 3 days a week spent in the office.
The client recruiting for this Data Protection Coordinator role is based close to Watford and operates in the Pharmaceutical industry. It is a European business which operates internationally, a market leader which is still achieving steady growth.
This Data Protection Coordinator role is based in Watford and involves:
The role will report to the Data Privacy Manager (DPM), a member of the Legal Team.
The core responsibility of the Data Protection Coordinator (DPC) is to advise, identify GDPR (and other data protection applicable laws) compliance risks and coordinate the data protection activities with the Group Data Protection Manager (DPM), a member of the Global Legal Team, assisting and supporting all areas of business (Global supporting functions, Products Business Units and various legal entities in multiple jurisdictions).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
In support of and in coordination with the DPM and in liaison with the external Data Privacy Officer (DPO):
· Be a visible point of contact and support and assist all areas of the business at global level and across all the Group’s legal entities (spread over 15 countries)
· Participate in project development and provide advice on GDPR compliance (as well as applicable data protection laws at national level)
· Have a clear and precise overview of processing activities and maintain relevant records (ROPAs)
· Update and maintain all other registries (Data Incident Registry, etc.)
· Regularly perform and/or coordinate audits to monitor compliance (possible travel required in EU and UK)
· Draft, review and revise documents such as privacy statements, Data Processing Agreements (DPAs), Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs), etc.
· Handle and document data breaches (via a central platform)
· Assess, in cooperation with the Legal Team, if legal changes require adaptation of business processes and coordinate adaptation
· Raise awareness and diffuse “Privacy By Design” and “Security By Default” cultures across the business
· Liaise with DPO
The role will also comprise activities such as:
· Support in the execution of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
· Legal and regulatory monitoring on data protection and IT security developments and advise the business
· Implement Group’s guidelines and activities from a global level to a local level
· Provide support to the Legal Team where and when necessary
This Data Protection Coordinator role is based in Watford and requires:
Fluent in English
· Proven expertise in Data Privacy Law Compliance (specific degree, course or certifications)
· Experience in a similar role in an international organisation
· Previous experience in the pharmaceutical sector is a plus
· Passionate about data protection and all privacy-related issues
· Strong interest (not necessarily expertise) in information security
· Able to explain complex issues in layman’s terms
· Able to implement legal obligations operationally and practically for the business
· Have the ability to solve problems independently, good attention to detail and analytical
· Travel (mostly in Europe) may be required
A competitive salary and full benefits package depending on experience, please submit an application or get in touch for full information.