- Full Time
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Institutional Securities Group (ISG) has established an ISG Data Group (IDG) to provide a single point of accountability for the full spectrum of data related initiatives. This ranges from the defensive risk reduction aspects of data security (both internal and external), through operational effectiveness from improving data quality, to helping enhancing revenue through further leveraging our data assets for providing services to our clients.
Position Description :
The position available is an Associate level position within IDG. This member of the team will help build out multiple platforms across ISG, including data protection, data governance, and a data discovery, research, and analytics platform. The individual will be required to work with senior members across the ISG businesses and associated Firm functions, such as Front Office Sales and Sales Trading, Technology Operational Risk (TOR), Technology, etc. The individual will be responsible for helping to drive aspects of these strategies, while ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the Firm, as well as adherence to internal standards, controls and policies.
Responsibilities Include :
• Helping drive the data protections strategy, data governance strategy, and data discovery, research, and analytics platform governance strategy for ISG Global, which includes overall governance, controls, best practices, as well as internal and external data solutions and platforms;
• Developing Cloud related governance and processes, including materials for client meetings, inventories, and the development and review of control reports
• Collaborating with ISG Business Unit Risk Management (BURM), ISG supervisors / desk heads, and TOR on the execution of the Client Data Confidentiality Program, which includes the implementation of identity and access management and data use and distribution controls
• Collaborating with ISG Business Unit Risk Management (BURM), ISG supervisors / desk heads, TOR and the FDO on execution of the Sensitive Data Security Program, which includes the implementation of cataloging and other key controls such as encryption and retention
• Partnering with ISG Sales and Sales Trading, Research, Legal, and Sourcing on the review of various product offerings and internal processes, such as client data offerings, client documentation requirements, web scraping permissibility, etc.
• Establishing relationships and working closely with ISG and IDG supervisors, BURM, TOR, Technology, Legal and Compliance.
• 3 years of experience in the financial services industry
• Project management skills and proven ability to move projects through to completion
• Motivated self-starter with a positive outlook and desire to solve problems with an ability to work independently
• Analytical skills with an ability to understand workflows and leverage Excel, PPT, Project, Visio, etc.
• Ability to identify and escalate issues effectively and appropriately
• Exceptional organizational skills and a high degree of attention to detail
• Ability to discuss in-depth technology initiatives and ability to work closely with technology teams
• Oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate objectives, requirements, risks and issues and to interact with Senior Management
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to take ideas forward and to challenge others with integrity and maturity
/Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $85,000 and $140,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs./
/Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet)./
Job: * Investment Banking/Sales/Trading/Research
Title: *Data Protections Associate, Institutional Securities Data Group *
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 3234910