The State of Queensland
- Full Time
Senior Advisor Right to Information & Privacy Justice and Attorney-General (Organisation site )
Right to Information & Privacy Unit; Strategic Policy & Legal Services; Brisbane City
The Senior Advisor, RTI and Privacy, undertakes the role of RTI and IP decision maker and provides policy, strategic and operational advice in respect of the management, development, and implementation of the Government’s strategicpriorities on right to information and information privacy.
This role also assists the Principal Advisor, RTI and Privacy and the Director with the department’s privacy program of work, managing initiatives associated with the department’s obligations under the IP Act, and the maintenance of a pro active privacy culture.
This role requires integrity, discretion, and tact in dealing with the sensitive and confidential nature of information within RTI and Privacy as well as the ability to conduct formal investigations which are underpinned by the principles of natural justice and procedural fairness.
• Exercise decision making power under the RTI and IP Acts in accordance with the principles of those Acts and administrative release guidelines, regarding access to information, or amendment of personal information, recorded on departmental documents.
• Liaise, consult, negotiate, and provide advice to internal and external stakeholders in relation to requests under the RTI Act, the IP Act or administrative release and the requirements and application of right to information and information privacy in the department.
• Assist with the identification, development, and implementation of appropriate right to information and information privacy procedures and practice standards to ensure the ongoing efficient and effective implementation of right to information and information privacy in the Department.
• Investigate, manage, and report on information privacy complaints and breaches received by the Department.
• Manage mediations and external reviews with the Office of the Information Commissioner in consultation with the Principal Advisor and the Director and effectively implement their recommendations.
• Deliver and assist with the development of right to information and information privacy training.
• Prepare written material to the Director-General, the Attorney-General and Minister for Justice and others on complex issues related to right to information and privacy.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/481356/23
Closing Date: Thursday, 20 April 2023
Further information We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity .
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Documents Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Please use * for wildcard searches.
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options (View Location Map )
Hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use your computer mouse to select multiple options
Salary (yearly) Leave blank if you are searching for casual jobs Minimum
Total Remuneration Only used for Senior Medical or Executive positions We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity , including making any reasonable adjustments to support you through the recruitment process.