- Full Time
The Southcentral Foundation (SCF) Senior Compliance and Privacy Manager is responsible for, under the direction of the Director of Corporate Compliance/Compliance Officer, managing all areas of privacy. In partnership with the Director of Corporate Compliance manage Federal/State government investigations, audits, or inquiries regarding privacy or security. Provide oversight/direction to ensure timely resolution of reported compliance issues and inquiries. Ensure effective operations of the Corporate Compliance Department for coordinating health information and records services across the SCF multi-facility health care system. This position is also responsible for overseeing all on-going activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance, and adherence to SCF’s policies, procedures, and practices including practices covering privacy and confidentiality of protected health information and other protected information in compliance with Federal and State laws and accreditation standards.
SCF programs are established to serve a primary population comprised of Alaska Native people who are affiliated with Cook Inlet Region, Inc. (CIRI) and Alaska Native and American Indian people within SCF’s geographical service area. Employees should have a thorough understanding of the cultures and the needs of this population. Such knowledge is critical to ensure the achievement of SCF’s vision of a Native Community that enjoys physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellness, and mission of working together with the Native Community to achieve wellness through health and related services:
1. Master’s degree with an emphasis in healthcare, auditing, quality assurance, risk management; OR equivalent training and experience.
2. Five (5) years of healthcare compliance, privacy, regulatory, legal, audit, investigations, and education/training that includes:
· Two (2) years of experience managing an effective and comprehensive organization-wide compliance privacy program that includes the protection and security of Protected Health Information and Personally Identifiable Health Information, auditing, investigations, communication, and training.
3. Certified in one (1) of the following or the ability to obtain one (1) of the following within one (1) year of hire:
· Health Care Compliance (CHC)
· Healthcare Research Compliance (CHCR)
· Compliance and Ethics (CCEP)
4. Certified in the following or the ability to obtain the following within one (1) year of hire:
· Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC)
Employee Health Requirements:
Compliance with our Employee Health procedure is a condition of SCF employment. You are required to agree that you will comply with all job-related employee health screening and immunizations prior to your first day of employment. Jobs designated as a Health Care Personnel (HCP) position, requires that you have documentation that you have completed the following immunizations prior to your first day of employment: MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Influenza, and T-dap (Tetanus – Diphtheria – Pertussis).