- Full Time
Senior Counsel, Commercial Products, Privacy and Data Protection
– Mastercard is committed to balancing innovation while ensuring legal compliance and has embraced privacy and data protection as core to the successful execution of its business strategy. As part of that commitment Mastercard has established a world-class privacy program and is currently adding talent to its global team.
– The Senior Counsel will lead the development of cutting-edge technologies from a privacy and data protection standpoint, monitoring new legislative developments and ensuring compliance of Commercial & SME solutions with existing and emerging privacy and data-related laws.
– The position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection and will be a member of the Global Privacy & Data Protection team.
– The ideal candidate will have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of business clients and their objectives while ensuring that the corporation remains compliant with privacy and data-related laws and regulations.
– The Senior Counsel must be abreast of new technologies related to payments and digital technologies.
– Analyse Commercial & SME solutions in light of privacy requirements with the aim of identifying the relevant process and infrastructure requirements to ensure compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws globally.
– Develop contract structures that address privacy requirements and lead the review and negotiation of applicable privacy language in agreements with partners, vendors, and customers.
– Monitor regulatory and legislative developments pertaining to privacy and data protection, support the engagement with key policy makers and other stakeholders and provide useful advice to business teams on the potential impact of these laws.
– Provide day-to-day support to privacy and business teams and perform privacy assessments in line with Mastercard’s privacy and data protection policies and processes.
– Increase awareness among business clients, global privacy and legal teams regarding privacy pertaining to Commercial and SME solutions through training and other initiatives.
All About You
– Law degree required. Membership to a Bar (if permitted by law). Any additional qualifications (e.g. Master of Laws degree) considered an asset.
– Solid expertise in and track record dealing with privacy and data protection laws.
– Solid knowledge of global data protection legal frameworks (e.g. GDPR, CCPA).
– Good understanding of digital technologies.
– Familiarity with financial services industry and payment processing.
– Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills.
– Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
– Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings.
– Ability to motivate and influence highly skilled professionals to achieve major organizational goals.