- Full Time
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies-and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior Product and Privacy Counsel to join our U.S. Legal team, based out of Santa Clara, California, Tacoma, Washington, or working remotely, reporting to the deputy general counsel, Commercial Legal, in Amsterdam. In this role, you will take the lead on all product and privacy matters related to products and services. You will bring leadership and legal expertise to different stakeholders regarding privacy and security, product, data protection, intellectual property, and marketing. This role blends legal practice areas such as privacy, regulatory, commercial contracts, and consumer protection.
You are the ideal candidate if you are passionate about learning new skills and fresh, creative ways of tackling complex legal problems and scaling operations. You have a strategic, growth mindset focused on finding solutions for challenges and changes.
What you’ll do:
* Advise cross-functional stakeholders on product, intellectual property, privacy and security compliance, and business strategy
* Continue to develop and implement legal strategies and policies to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with applicable data privacy and security regulations, including GDPR and CPRA
* Lead intellectual property strategy and provide advice on intellectual property issues, including patent, trademark, copyright, and open-source matters
* Provide legal advice and guidance on marketing campaigns, advertising materials, and other related marketing activities
* Review and draft technology licenses and intellectual property agreements, SaaS/cloud agreements, partnership agreements, services agreements and statements of work, terms of service and end user agreements, and data processing agreements (DPAs)
* Assist with the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and scale legal operations and processes
* Work with the commercial team on all commercial matters, including customer and vendor agreements
* Aid in the implementation of our global compliance program
* Advise on M&A and strategic transactions
* Support and lead other cross-functional company priority projects
What you’ll bring:
* 5+ years of professional legal experience in product, data privacy, and intellectual property at a top-tier law firm or leading technology company
* CIPP certification for EU or U.S. is preferred but not mandatory
* Product counseling and compliance program creation, monitoring, and documentation
* Experience with contracting, compliance, and flow-down requirements; government contracting work is a plus
* Familiarity with SaaS, network security, cloud computing, corporate compliance, and M&A
* Demonstrated experience advising clients or deal teams in addressing privacy and compliance issues when structuring complex domestic and international transactions
* High integrity and a strategic growth mindset focused on finding solutions for challenges and changes
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in law
What success looks like:
After six months, you will:
* Develop knowledge of Infoblox’s products, policies, and processes to be a legal champion for product and privacy matters
* Build solid relationships with Product, Engineering, and Marketing stakeholders to elevate yourself as the main point of contact for Product and Privacy matters
* Identify a vision, roadmap, and execution plan for product and privacy compliance
After about a year, you will:
* Complete a strategy for Product and Privacy compliance
* Create and manage a comprehensive intellectual property strategy plan
* Have demonstrated success in driving a business transformation project
* Begin to learn more about Infoblox’s M&A, global compliance, or employment support
We’ve got you covered:
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share our compensation philosophy. At Infoblox, we believe in paying for performance. You can expect our employment offers to take many factors into consideration, including but not limited to the location of the role, internal equity, applicable past experience, individual skill set, education, and professional certifications. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned is the base salary range for the role. The typical base salary range for this position is $175,000 – $220,000 plus corporate bonus potential.
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness-as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day-we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
* Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
* Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
* Electric vehicle charging stations
* Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
* Dog park and pet-friendly programs
* Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.