- Full Time
Initiative’s Confidentiality & Privacy (C&P) team is seeking an experienced director to lead the confidentiality and privacy initiatives designed to continue to grow the confidentiality and privacy culture within Initiative globally. The Director of Global Client Confidentiality + Privacy reports into the Head of Global Client C&P.
- Develops, implements, and manages the global confidentiality program for Initiative alongside privacy, legal and finance resources.
- Participate in and lead projects to implement or enhance organization confidentiality and privacy programs. Activities may include development of training and awareness materials or support for other high impact C&P initiatives.
- Serves as Initiatives’ subject matter expert on confidentiality workstreams
- Manages implementation and review of confidentiality workstreams alongside the Initiative Client Advice and Management (CAM) team. Participates in client meetings to support privacy and confidentiality conversations.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance on operationalizing contract requirements.
- Prepares and assists with presenting clear, accurate and timely reports on compliance and confidentiality workstreams.
- Develops, implements, and delivers compliance training and awareness communications alongside IPG Mediabrands legal and finance resources.
- Collaborates with Information Security and Privacy teams to ensure alignment between Cyber Security and Data Protection practices.
- Partners with vendor contract owners to ensure contractual obligations are met by vendors in accordance Initiative compliance requirements and standards.
- Collaborate with client leads and Mediabrands leadership on the implementation of cross-agency compliance standards and workstreams.
- Partners closely and lends support to Head of Global Client C+P on shared workstreams.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management or operations role.
- 5 years + experience in Adtech and Digital Media industry.
- Experience or interest in privacy and data protection laws, regulations, and best practices (CCPA, GDPR, etc.).
- Experience in or knowledge of information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive internal and external stakeholders to a decision.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a multi-functional, international team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is $140,000 to $160,000. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email
Initiative is different to other media agencies.
We are not trapped by a legacy structure primarily centered on paid advertising. Instead, we are liberated by a new world structure designed to deliver highly differentiated and highly effective communications strategies for our clients.
We are the world’s fastest growing media agency built upon the strongest strategic capability of any agency in the market. Core to this strategic proposition is the belief that the faster a brand can move through culture the more relevant it can become. We call this Cultural Velocity TM. Our process is designed to create ideas that move through culture through unique insight, market leading analytics and strategic media brilliance. Our new world model is comprised of “craft centers” – Client Advice and Management, Strategy, Communications Design, Partnership and Culture, Insights & Analytics. All U.S. Mediabrands employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.