- Full Time
Databricks is seeking a Privacy Legal Counsel to help the Databricks legal team navigate rapidly evolving global privacy laws and regulations. You will initially report to the Managing Legal Director of Product and Privacy and work closely with the Legal Director of Privacy in building out our privacy team. As a member of the Privacy team, you will provide legal counsel to several business partners as well as help support the privacy compliance program for Databricks.
The impact you will have:
- Counsel and advise commercial team on data protection related provisions in commercial contracts, including updating templates for and negotiating data processing addendums and business associate agreements.
- Partner with marketing, sales, go-to-market and procurement teams to assess potential privacy and security risks and regulatory requirements, including lead generation and marketing outreach activities, developing and providing training.
- Support privacy program compliance, including data subject rights requests, data inventory, privacy by design, and help operate and improve the effectiveness of critical privacy compliance processes
- Facilitate Privacy by Design by working with key business stakeholders to complete Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and performing the initial review of completed PIAs and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) for new processing activities, IT changes, projects, and data ingests
- Draft external privacy notices and disclosures, and manage/update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global privacy laws
- Research and evaluate the applicability and impact of global privacy laws, legislation and regulatory guidance on new business initiatives and processes.
What we look for:
- 3 or more years of substantive legal experience, preferably both in-house and at a law firm, with experience supporting privacy, SaaS, marketing and/or technology
- Deep understanding of cloud and software technology, and a strong desire to work on legal issues in these areas
- Experience working for a company offering platform services to business customers is a plus
- State bar membership required
- Ability to prioritize and manage time, and client expectations, in the face of competing demands, often without direct guidance as we scale our rapidly expanding business
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Ability to exercise good judgment in raising issues and when collaborating with others
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including concise contract redlining
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the lakehouse company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.