Our General Counsel is seeking an Associate General Counsel, Privacy to lead an existing team of three privacy attorneys in advising product and functional teams across Datadog on global privacy and data protection matters.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise internal business partners across Datadog and other Legal Department teams (Product, Employment, Commercial, Corporate) on global data protection laws and regulations
- Provide strategic legal advice on Datadog’s global privacy program initiatives (including with respect to records of processing activities, PIAs and DPIAs, data subject requests, and privacy by design)
- Collaborate extensively with business and operations teams, including Privacy Operations, to develop and implement administrative, technical, and physical policies and procedures to protect data privacy
- Serve as a subject matter expert assisting in escalated commercial negotiations with key customers and partners
- Manage complex and cross-functional privacy initiatives in coordination with involved stakeholders in addition to developing, facilitating, and monitoring employee privacy training programs
- Manage incident investigation and response for legal, including data breach notification guidance and communication
- Monitor changes in the law and enforcement trends to present to senior leadership and ensure that Datadog continues to meet and exceed industry requirements and best practices
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of relevant experience with 4+ years managing in-house
- Absolute subject matter expertise in global privacy and data protection, including at a B2B SaaS company
- Extremely effective in working cross-functionally and building strong relationships among the Legal Department and with key business partners
- Highest integrity, excellent judgment, and ability to work independently with a clear understanding of what and when to escalate
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in communicating with business partners
- JD and bar admission
- Privacy certification (e.g., CIPP/US or CIPP/E) is a plus
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Generous and competitive global benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous career development opportunities
- Product training to develop understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $246,000 – $345,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.