At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing team within EY. Although based in the RMS GCO team in GDS, the role will support the Global Privacy Assessment Team and support EY’s Privacy assessments. You will provide legal support to the business and become a trusted adviser of stakeholders (often at senior level, including engagement partners). You will be expected to assess and understand how firm risks can be best managed and mitigated.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Act as a point of contact for EY’s business in Global PIA Assessments
- Have a thorough understanding and appreciation of general key business risks from a Data protection perspective that need to be managed, advised and mitigated (training will be facilitated in respect of EY’s specific risk management framework)
- Review the PIA Questionnaire and drafting of supporting documents like Privacy notice, Description of transfer.
- Able to assess risk and deliver the action plans required to mitigate the risks.
- Assist with creating, facilitating and delivering trainings.
- Advising and guiding the Business on the requirements and applicability of Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Liaising with internal specialist functions including Business, General Counsel’s Office, Country DPOs and Risk Management, Procurement
Skills and attributes for success
You will be provided with training and coaching on the job.
We are looking for someone who has the following attributes and skills:
- A pragmatic problem solver
- A drive to continuously build and master key technical, functional and professional skills
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to effectively manage a demanding workload with tight deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging and demanding environment
- Strong communication and English language (verbal and written) skills;
- Solutions – oriented with relentless focus on world class execution of projects and tasks;
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership for success of a given task;
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment and ability to work cooperatively with other teams and country practices, demonstrating cultural sensitivity;
- High levels of personal energy and appetite for work and success.
Experience and qualifications
- Law graduate, with considerable experience drafting, reviewing and approving Privacy Impact Assessments
- Additional Privacy and Personal Data certifications such as CIPP
- Previous risk management at a professional services firm
- Experience of senior management and stakeholder management
- Interest in the area of risk management or compliance
- Expert knowledge of GDPR or other data protection and security considerations
- Confidence delivering subject matter content to peers and seniors (to facilitate training either in person or via Microsoft teams)
- Project management experience
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.