Consultant Financial Services Risk w/ focus on IT Risk / Information Security
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Consulting business offers a broad range of functional and cross-country services dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients, with a specific focus on business transformation programs in the Financial Services industry.
We are currently looking for a motivated and committed Consultant (80-100%) with Information Technology (IT) or Information Security related experience to further strengthen our practice within the Financial Services Consulting – Risk & Actuarial team in Zurich.
Within Financial Services Consulting – Risk & Actuarial, the GRC (Governance, Risk, Controls & Internal Audit) Team is part of a global network of risk management specialists working together with most of the largest financial services companies. We advise our clients with solutions to identify, assess, steer and monitor non-financial and compliance risks.
Your key responsibilities
A unique opportunity to explore a wide range of solutions to our clients’ issues and needs. This will enable you to quickly develop a wide breadth of skills and competencies, with many of these being focused around non-financial and compliance risk management, as well as internal control systems and internal audit. Specific topics include IT Risk, Information Security, Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Outsourcing / Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) with a strong focus on process and control design, optimization and automation. Specific tasks with regards to IT Risk and Information Security:
- Provide advice, challenge and help improve IT Risk and Information Security frameworks in line with Swiss and international regulatory requirements (e.g. PRA, FINMA, EBA)
- Assist in solution development around new and upcoming “Operational Resilience” regulations, combining BCM, TPRM, Data Management and Information Security aspects
- Work together with our Third Party Risk and BCM specialists to ensure adequate coverage of IT Risk and Information Security aspects in TPRM frameworks
- Keep track of the latest regulatory developments in IT Risk and Information Security and develop going-to-market material for client sessions
The nature of consulting promises a fast paced and engaging career. You will also have the opportunity to actively support in innovation and shape EY solutions on current and upcoming market needs.
Your skillset will grow rapidly through numerous training events and client facing engagements including touchpoints with clients’ senior management.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Knowledge of IT Risk Management and/or Information Security (through studies and/or work experience)
- A bachelor’s degree in a technology related area, ideally with interdisciplinary focus (e.g. interfaces between business and IT or IT and Risk)
- Interest in risk, compliance and / or internal audit in the financial services industry
- Fluency in English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Around 1-3 years of prior work experience in a related field (apprenticeship counts as well)
- Knowledge of cloud computing services (basic principles)
- Knowledge of data management (basic principles)
- Fluency in spoken German, intermediate level in written German
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Experience in the banking, insurance or consulting industry
- Strong interest in technology
What we look for
- Entrepreneurial mindset and an innovative spirit
- Motivated, ambitious and self-driven personality
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Goal-oriented team player with analytical and organizational skills
What we offer
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve – a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free*
* exception of EY contractors, interns and alumni.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. For further information please contact our recruitment team (email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).