As technology continuously evolves and more data become digitized, it’s evident that data privacy is taking on greater importance. With the standards set out by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws around the world coming into effect, organizations are facing the challenge to mitigate their compliance and regulatory risks and protect people’s personal information. Successful organizations depend on their reputation for keeping promises, respecting laws and behaving ethically to maintain stakeholder trust. EY Forensic & Integrity Services professionals help organizations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks.
Embracing integrity means doing what you say you will do, with unerring commitment. This can make it easier to attract and retain talented people and harness their skills to grow your business. A foundation built on integrity is critical because today’s talent values purpose-driven organizations. It can also help you develop stronger partnerships with suppliers and work more effectively with employees, investors, regulators and influencers. Our integrated approach ranges from enhancements in areas of perceived weakness or issues — including governance, controls, culture and data insights — to full organizational design and structural implementation.
EY is looking for a Data Protection & Privacy Consultant / Senior Consultant to join our Forensics & Integrity Services (FIS) team in our Jordan office. Within this role, you will be able to apply your skills among a diverse portfolio of clients, which enables you to further expand your knowledge base within the privacy realm. This is an ideal opportunity to develop you career in the consulting space, to work on various projects, gaining exposure to a fast – paced market with evolving challenges and opportunities and to support the development of junior team members.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will take part in managing and providing end-to-end support on all data privacy & protection projects, which includes being up to date with latest trends, including global data protection compliance regulations, policies, and procedures. You will also manage and lead client communications and regular status updates as well as ensure delivery of high-quality reports to the client.
You will assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders. You will also establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives and will consistently drive projects to completion, determining that the work is of high quality.
You and the engagement teams will support and implement a broad range of clients on multiple data privacy & protection areas such as:
• Data protection gaps and maturity assessment
• Data mapping and classification
• Data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
• Maintenance of records of processing activities (RoPA)
• Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)
• Data privacy target operating model, policies, and procedures
• Privacy by Design (PbD)
• Data retention, backup and archival
• Data protection technology such as masking, encryption, pseudonymisation, masking or tokenisation
To qualify for the role, you must have
Bachelor's degree and approximately 6+ years of related work experience
• Knowledge of designing and implementing Data Protection technologies
• Experience in privacy and security risk assessment
• Knowledge of data protection laws and regulations (International & GCC) and industry standards and frameworks
• Knowledge of core Information Security concepts related to Governance, Risk & Compliance
• Ability to understand client organisations and their business processes to effectively tailor to their privacy requirements
• Effective communication skills with different stakeholders about data protection and privacy matters
• Technical architecture experience integrating data protection software into clients' infrastructure
• Ability to ensure quality in project deliverables and documentation
• Ability to develop effective workflows, timelines, budgets for client engagements
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements
• A history of business development and team development success
Ideally, you’ll also have
• An advanced degree in areas of at least one of the following professional certifications such as CIPT, CISSP, CISM, or CIPP/E, CDPSE, Microsoft Certified: Information Protection Administrator Associate, or other relevant internationally recognised certifications.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today