We are a team of 55+ Cybersecurity and Privacy professionals that helps organizations address the challenges on cybersecurity and privacy in a way that is in line with their business strategy.
We provide independent and impartial assistance in IT and business in industry and government organizations. Our security professionals possess diverse industry knowledge, along with unique technical expertise and specialized skills to support our clients and to growth their own career.
Our Belgian practice is part of an EMEIA and Global cyber competency that holds over 7.000 cyber experts. We are one of the 63 Advanced Security Centers globally.
Our Cybersecurity and Privacy professionals help organizations address the challenge of managing cybersecurity and privacy risks in a way that is in line with their business strategy. Our professionals provide independent, impartial assistance in IT and across the business, bringing insights from our work with commercial and government organizations, as well as knowledge of industry leading practice, regulation and financial audit requirements.
In response to strong market demand, EY is seeking additional talented professionals on several levels to enhance our Data Protection and Privacy services within our Advisory business.
Your key responsibilities
Technology has fundamentally transformed the notion of privacy — what it means to affected stakeholders (individuals, regulators, organizations) and how each party can remain accountable in a world that technology has turned on its head. Today’s privacy regulations are evolving all around the world, especially in Europe with the enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) adopted by the Council of the European Union and the European Parliament in April 2016. Our Data Protection and Privacy Consulting Services are meant to assist organizations in handling these new regulations, trends and risks, by ensuring a regulatory compliant flow of personal data, supporting their business.
Being a part of the team, you will be involved in the following activities:
- Designing and implementing data protection and privacy programs at our clients supporting their business
- Evaluating the data protection and privacy practices of our clients
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments
- Supporting and guiding our clients in adhering to the complex web of relevant national and international regulations (e.g. EU General Data Protection Regulation)
- Deploying processes and tools to help detect and prevent privacy breaches
- Ensuring a harmonized approach towards data protection and privacy by bringing together our client’s stakeholders (e.g. legal, compliance, risk, HR, security, business functions… )
- Assisting clients in privacy related incident response activities
- Supporting the client’s team by acting as an interim team member (e.g. data protection officer, security officer, security manager, security analyst…)
Taking into account your experience and maturity, your involvement will vary from assisting in delivering privacy projects to acting as a subject matter expert on them or to leading a team towards excellent client experience. Furthermore, you may be involved in service development or in proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities for further business and team growth.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in IT, Law or anything in between that demonstrates your interest in the data protection and privacy domain
- You have knowledge of and experience with relevant data protection and privacy laws and regulations (e.g. Belgian Privacy Act, EU GDPR, and Privacy Shield) and industry standards and frameworks, such as GAPP and BCR.
- Possession of relevant qualifications such as CIPM, CIPT, CIPP/E, CISM, CISSP, and/or HCISSP, as well as involvement in industry related organizations (e.g. IAPP, ISACA, (ISC)²… ) are an asset
- You have the ability to efficiently understand client organizations and their business model and to tailor relevant processes to privacy requirements
- You are able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders (e.g. business, legal, IT, security…) about data protection and privacy matters
- You have an analytical mindset, strive for quality and are able to work in a result-oriented environment
- You are fluent in Dutch or French or English
A career with EY is not comparable with any other. With us, your competencies and your areas of interest will determine your future, so we offer you:
- A strong team with ambitious growth, which will allow you to work with prominent national and global organizations
- A clear career path and the opportunity to shape your own career
- A dynamic working environment, working with our experts on hot cyber topics
- Challenging project journeys and a position with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- An environment that continuously stimulates personal development, provides extensive trainings and renowned certifications
- Flexible working arrangements, support for a good work-life balance
- A competitive remuneration package