At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
With rapidly changing global privacy regulations, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for increasingly complex risks. As a member of our Privacy team you’ll have the opportunity help clients gain insights into their privacy programs and capabilities to maintain compliance to global privacy regulations. You’ll have access to our robust, global solutions and methodologies to advise clients on managing their privacy programs to mitigate their business risks. You’ll belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex cybersecurity and privacy needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
You’ll work alongside respected professionals, learning about and applying leading practices to manage privacy program capabilities, which includes the processes, people, and technologies. You’ll gain insights into the design and operations of privacy programs and strategies in a variety of industries and learn how to design measurable, sustainable programs to keep up with the ever changing regulatory landscape.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll work with a National practice to assess privacy programs and strategies using our proprietary framework, design solutions to remediate gaps or enhance maturity of specific privacy capabilities, improve measurements and monitoring, and develop sustainable processes to enable our clients to achieve business goals and mitigate their risks. You’ll gain experience applying risk management principles to a cybersecurity environment and leveraging cybersecurity frameworks / standards like ISO/IEC 27001:2013, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, etc. as well as better understanding privacy regulations -General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
Skills and attributes for success
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services.
- Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience
- Approximately 1-2 years of working in a Privacy environment assessing client risk and compliance to Global privacy regulations.
- Basic understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- Secure messaging/email encryption
- Mobile device security
- Disk, file, device, and database encryption
- Data classification and privacy policies
- Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Logging, monitoring, and security event management
- Secure information storage
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 60-80%; a valid driver’s license in the US
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPT, CIPM, CRISC or other relevant certification desired
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cyber security. With your broad exposure across Privacy, we’ll turn to you to speak up with innovative new ideas that could make a lasting difference not only to us – but also to the industry as a whole.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com.