- Full Time
Data Protection Lawyer
Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
This is an exciting time to join the GDS Data Protection team as we scale up our program to match the expansion of the business. You will build your professional knowledge and credentials, learn how EY operates globally and work within a cross functional team of professionals to embed and improve the GDS data protection program across its operating locations in – Argentina, China, Hungary, India, the Philippines, Poland, UK and other locations once we expand.
The role will be part of the GDS Data Protection team and sit in GDS Legal team. GDS Legal team partners with GDS Risk Management to run the GDS Data Protection program. Commercial contract experience is beneficial.
Your key responsibilities
The Supervising Associate within GDS Data Protection team will be responsible for supporting aspects of the GDS Data Protection program, providing advice and interpretation of data protection legislation and of EY’s global privacy framework, advising on privacy impact assessments, data protection portions of contracts, individual rights requests and data access requests more generally (external and internal).
You will be expected to participate on global projects and in global networks.
You will be required to consult and collaborate effectively with key internal stakeholders, such as Risk Management, GDS Legal Lead and the GDS Data Protection Officer, and external stakeholders (e.g., Services Lines, Functions, EY Technology, Records Information Management, Acquisitions, members of the Region DP network, industry vendors) to drive the design and implementation of solutions across the business and geographies.
Skills and attributes for success
- 5 years’ prior professional experience of data protection in a legal capacity
- Appreciation for data protection principles and application of controls to protection of confidential and personal data
- The candidate should have experience in operational data protection processes, including PIA and individual rights requests
- The candidate should have experience advising on data protection relevant contract provisions, and on international data transfers
- The candidate should be comfortable working in an unstructured & complex environment requiring out of box thinking, logical reasoning
- The candidate should be able to continuously add value to assigned processes and develop solutions
- Ability to learn and understand the EY’s global policies as well as familiarity with other Legal and Risk Management initiatives outside of area of expertise
- Ability to manage tasks and activities in a timely manner and be responsible for specific outcomes
- Basic knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to keep confidential sensitive information
- Strong research and communications skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks
- Interest in working with a culturally diverse team from around the globe to design, develop, and deploy programs and share knowledge
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, with an inclusive approach
- Effective communicator with good written and oral presentation skills
- Team player and active listener with the ability to respond to and develop the ideas of others
- Experience working in an international setting and resolving cross border issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- University graduate / post-graduate who is legally qualified with practising certificate held for a jurisdiction in one of the GDS locations or a GDPR location
- Good academic background
- Advanced MS office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Candidates with a recognised data protection/data privacy qualification (e.g. CIPP/E or similar) or willingness to obtain the qualification in first six months with team would be preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to operate and flex in an ambiguous and changing environment to respond to emerging priorities
- Experience of working to deadlines and delivering high quality outputs
- Ability and willingness to periodically work flexibly e.g., participating in calls outside of standard office hours (early morning/late night) to support our global organization
What we look for
We’re looking for an experienced, high energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
What we offer
EY GDS is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, Hungary, India, the Philippines, Poland, and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.