At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This opportunity is an ideal role for an individual who wants to directly contribute to EY’s global organization. The Data Protection subfunction has oversight for a global data protection framework that is established in line with the needs of the business to protect all information that EY has responsibility for throughout the data lifecycle at an enterprise level, supporting immediate and future regulatory, legal, risk and operational requirements. It helps the business mitigate risks and costs, demonstrate compliance, defend against claims, and improve operations and productivity.
This is an exciting time to join the Global Risk Management Data Protection team as we scale up our program to provide the enablement capabilities to support the delivery of client services. You will build your professional knowledge and credentials, learn how EY operates globally and work with cross functional stakeholders to develop and deploy initiatives for the EY global data protection program across the EY Network.
The role will be part of the Data Protection team in Global Risk Management.
Your key responsibilities
The Assistant Director within Risk Management Data Protection team will focus on leading operational implementation, participating and leading initiatives to deliver the Data Protection Program across all geographies and Service Lines. In addition to the privacy program transformation projects, the Assistant Director will be directly responsible for elements of the global data protection program, as well as provide solutions for the implementation of data protection compliance, leveraging knowledge and industry expertise to enhance processes, support monitoring and reporting requirements, developing learning materials and more to deliver the governance and life cycle management of EY’s personal and confidential data.
You will be expected to lead, manage and participate on global projects and collaborate with both other RM sub-function teams on data protection related process, such as Records and Information Management.
You will be required to consult and collaborate effectively with key internal and external DP stakeholders (e.g., Services Lines, Functions, EY Technology, Legal, Acquisitions, members of the Region DP network, industry vendors) to drive the design and implementation of solutions across the business and geographies.
Skills and attributes for success
- At least 5 years’ prior professional experience of data protection either in a risk management, compliance or legal capacity
- Knowledge of commonly accepted data protection principles and application of controls to protect confidential and personal data
- Keen focus on operational data protection process and process improvement in general
- The candidate should have experience in delivery of project solutions to enable monitoring and testing of compliance
- The candidate should be comfortable working in an unstructured & complex environment requiring out of box thinking, logical reasoning
- The candidate should be able to continuously add value to assigned processes and develop solutions
- Ability to learn and understand the EY’s global policies as well as familiarity with Risk Management initiatives outside of area of expertise
- Good knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Interest in working with a culturally diverse team from around the globe to design, develop, and deploy programs and share knowledge
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, with an inclusive approach
- Effective communicator with good written and oral presentation skills
- Team player and active listener with the ability to respond to and develop the ideas of others
To qualify for the role you should have
- University graduate with experience as a data protection professional, either in a legal setting or as a risk/compliance leader; information lifecycle / management experience preferred
- Certification in Program Management from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPM) or similar certification, or willingness to obtain certification within the first year
- Knowledge of relevant external standards, e.g., ISO 27001
- Advanced MS office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding and/or experience of the use of data privacy tools and platforms in managing operational privacy requirements
- Excellent technical acumen and ability to use the tools that support EY’s data protection program
- Expert level knowledge of: key global data protection regulations across jurisdictions, confidentiality requirements, industry resources and standards, both in the professional services industry and other key corporate business functions (i.e., human resources, finance)
- Prior experience in creating and delivering communications and learning sessions
- Experience leading multiple projects and virtual, multidisciplinary, cross-functional and cross-border teams
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex problems by gathering data from various sources; evaluates alternatives from multiple stakeholder perspectives and understanding impact on business when addressing / resolving complex issues
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Risk management, legal, policy, or IT lifecycle experience
- Certifications such as Information Governance Professional (IGP), Project Management
- Professional (PMP), or Information Privacy Professional (IPP) or willingness to obtain
- Strong knowledge of EY and a willingness to pursue continuous learning and other relevant certifications
- Ability to influence others without authority
- Ability to train and coach senior leaders so that their knowledge and skill sets are enhanced
- Ability to operate and flex in an ambiguous and changing environment to respond to emerging priorities
- Experience of working to deadlines and delivering high-quality outputs
- Knowledge of budgets and managing expenditures / resources in order to operate within approved budget guidelines.
- Ability and willingness to periodically work flexibly e.g., participating in calls outside of standard office hours (early morning/late night) to support our global organization
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
What we look for
We’re looking for an experienced, high energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
What we offer
Global Risk Management is a dynamic and truly global team providing enablement and compliance process across all the business risk areas. We work across all locations with Data Protection teams from all geographies and EY service lines, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From compliance professionals to Security to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In Risk Management, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.