Senior Consultant, Data Protection and Privacy (DPP)
Cybersecurity and its related challenges are a rapidly advancing field; career opportunities are also growing.
At EY, we have large scale plans to expand our already market leading Cyber Security practice and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people to join us and be part of our exciting growth strategy. At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a meaningful and fulfilling career, with global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology, to become the best version of you.
The team you join – EY’s UK & Ireland Cyber Practice – is part of a global cyber team of 5,000+ professionals focused on developing and delivering cutting edge security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, security architecture, data protection and privacy, and resilience services. We are part of a wider advisory organisation that collectively comprises a $4B, and growing, global consulting practice with 18,000 professionals.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is seeking experienced team members who can assess and deliver secure Privacy and Data Protection services. This role will see you take a key position in delivering EY’s Privacy and Data Protection capabilities. You will also be expected to take a supporting role in building out EYs UK Privacy and Data Protection Services, working with alliance partners and advise clients on the current market trends.
The role will see you providing specialist advice as part of large multi-discipline EY engagement teams working on the likes of Privacy transformation programmes, privacy maturity reviews, crown jewels discovery programmes, DLP implementation programmes or implementing privacy and data protection technologies.
You will work with colleagues in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative privacy services, focusses on emerging legislation and technology as well as maturity existing operations in specific industry propositions that solve client problems/issues and integrates with their overall IT delivery and support strategy.
In addition to the above, you will have an opportunity work across all aspects of Cyber, Technology and business solutions.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work across a portfolio of DPP engagements with our clients, responsible for the day to day delivery of engagement activity contributing to the achievement of quality, time and budget targets
- Working with clients across engagements, leading discussions and conversations to solve problems and find solutions for business needs
- Working with prospective clients on the planning and delivery phase of engagements
- Creating high quality reports as part of a team, for review by engagement and project leaders.
- Identifying sales opportunities and working with senior practice leaders and market leaders in the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Developing junior team members by sharing knowledge, mentoring and coaching them and leading by example
- Creating thought leadership and market materials for selling and promoting EY Cyber and DPP offerings
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Be a good communicator with the ability to contribute assuredly to technical security and privacy discussions with peers and
- Be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value of teamwork, facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Structure and manage projects which meet client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional experience operating within the DPP space in a management or delivery capacity, with in depth privacy knowledge – notably of GDPR, UK Privacy Laws and requirements and PECR.
- Consulting / professional services experience delivering projects and programmes for privacy and/ or data protection technology solutions
- Experience working with others in the development and delivery of complex client solutions and/or proposition development
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Security and Privacy relation qualifications such as CIPP/E, CIPP/M or Vendor qualifications on DPP software including DLP, Classification solutions and data discovery platforms.
- Experience with Privacy tooling such as TrustArc or OneTrust
- Key delivery experience in the following disciplines: Privacy (e.g. Record of Processing, assessment, Consent, DSRs), security assurance, third party management, DLP, Classification
- Key sector experience in one or more of the following: Government & Public sector / Energy & Utilities / Retail and Consumer products / Life sciences / Telecoms, Media and Technology / Transport
What we look for
- Core consulting skills– Advanced data and evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation and continuous improvement
- Technical skills– Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and specialist capability
- Versatility– Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!