- Full Time
Senior Manager, Risk, Compliance and Privacy
Cybersecurity and its related challenges are a rapidly growing field. As such, the opportunities for careers in cybersecurity are also growing. Physically and electronically securing an organisation infrastructure is one of the steps to creating a secure environment. EY is rapidly growing and investing its Cybersecurity consulting practice
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a meaningful and fulfilling career, with global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology, to become the best version of you.
The team you join – EY’s UK & Ireland Cyber Practice is part of a global cyber team of over 5,000 professionals focused on developing and delivering cutting edge security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, security architecture, data protection and privacy, and resilience services. We are part of a wider advisory organisation that collectively comprises a $4B, and growing, global consulting practice with 18,000 professionals. At EY, we have large scale plans to expand our already market leading Cyber Security practice and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people to join us and be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is looking for senior team members who can create, sell, advise and implement privacy, risk and data protection services across sectors. This role will see you take a key position in developing and taking to market EY’s cyber security and privacy capabilities. You will also be expected to take a supporting role enhancing EYs privacy and data protection services, working with our broader cyber security capabilities and our alliance partners to advise clients on the current market trends, enhancing their organisation’s maturity and delivering engagements.
The role will see you providing specialist advice as part of EY engagement teams working on the likes of privacy transformation programmes, data protection programmes and compliance engagements to support our clients in managing their risk profile. You will lead privacy and data protection engagements advising on compliance with global privacy mandates as well as practical implementation of practices, governance and technologies. You may also lead compliance and strategic transformation programmes supporting clients in maturing global programmes and delivering effective business change across privacy and data protection.
You will work with colleagues in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative privacy and data protection solutions and specific industry propositions that solve client problems/issues and integrates with their overall privacy and data protection strategies.
In addition to the above, you will have an opportunity work across all aspects of Cyber, Technology and business solutions.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Shaping, delivering, and owning client privacy, data protection and compliance engagements – end to end
- Creating thought leadership and market materials for selling and promoting EY privacy and data protection offerings
- Work with senior practice leaders and market leaders to identify new areas of business and offerings
- Building client relationships to promote EY services
- Leading and developing team members in project work and their career aspirations
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Be a good communicator with the ability to contribute assuredly to “technical” privacy and data protection discussions with peers and management
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Structure and manage projects or programmes of work which meet client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
- Build, drive and support teams
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Professional experience operating as a skilled privacy and data protection practitioner in a senior management capacity in the design, implementation, maintenance, or support of solutions and practices within privacy and data protection domains
- A detailed understanding of European and global privacy laws and requirements and will hold certifications including CIPP/E and CIPM
- Experience of implementing data protection programmes and using tools such as data loss prevention technologies from a variety of vendors
- Experience in privacy operations and technology platforms
- Experience managing and coaching others in the development and delivery of complex client solutions and/or proposition development
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to translate complex technical solutions to management or business audience
- The ability to manage and oversee DLP deployments and the configuration of DLP solutions
- An understanding of emerging trends in privacy globally
- Broader cyber security knowledge across multiple frameworks and services- such as NIST, ISO 27001, or industry specific requirements such as TSA and NIS.
- An understanding of privacy enhancing technologies, their application and deployment
- Practical application of privacy operational processes such as DSRs, TPRM, Risk Management, Data Mapping and Accountability Frameworks
- Proven track record of supporting business development – through defining an understanding of the market, creation of market needs, development product addressing client requirements and expectations
- Key sector experience in one or more of the following: Government & Public sector / Energy & Utilities / Retail and Consumer products / Life sciences / Telecoms, Media and Technology / Transport
- Experience of leading or having worked in multinational and multicultural teams
- Professional services experience working as a consultant with market leading organisations in the delivery of their privacy and data protection services.
What we look for
- Core consulting skills– Advanced data and evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation and continuous improvement
- Technical skills– Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and specialist capability
- Market/Sector knowledge– Demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
- Versatility– Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, tax, and strategy and transaction services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!