- Full Time
Senior Risk Associate with English (Global Data Protection Team)
Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Our business is highly regulated and EY is a complex, matrixed organization. Managing risk is of paramount importance to our brand and reputation, and our Risk Management team works side-by-side with the business to do this. Our aim is to enable responsible growth and that means working with the business to identify, monitor and manage risk, and consult and advise. Through oversight of key risk issues and processes such as independence, conflicts, and legal and regulatory compliance, we help maximize public trust and enable EY to responsibly provide excellent client service.
This opportunity is an ideal role for an individual who wants to directly contribute to EY’s global organization. The role will be part of the Risk Management – Global Data Protection team that, in collaboration with GCO, manages the EY Data Protection program to monitor that EY and client data is used and protected in line with internal policy and external regulation to mitigate risk to the network.
This is an exciting time to join Risk Management. Enabling responsible growth and working together with the business to do this is at the heart of many of the NextWave strategic priorities. We are looking for professionals, interested in Risk Management, to join global Risk Management. You will build your professional knowledge and credentials, learn how EY operates globally and work with some of the most senior partners.
Your key responsibilities
Senior Associate within Risk Management would be required to develop subject matter knowledge on various Risk Management functions and processes, including interpreting policies and processes, determining required actions and making recommendations based on EY guidance and acquired experience. The incumbent would be responsible for analyzing issues and producing high quality deliverables. The position would be expected to interact with Senior Executives within EY. You will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Risk Management Data Protection team, with primary focus on the risk associated with 3rd parties (suppliers).
Skills and attributes for success
- Appreciation for data protection principles and application of controls to protection confidential and personal data
- The candidate should have experience of operational data protection processes, including supplier risk evaluation, PIA, ROPA, Incident Management and DSR.
- The candidate should have experience in leading the delivery of project solutions to enable monitoring and testing of compliance.
- The candidate should be comfortable working in an unstructured & complex environment requiring out of box thinking, logical reasoning
- The candidate should be able to continuously add value to assigned processes and develop solutions
- Ability to learn and understand the EY’s Risk Management policies as well as familiarity with other Risk Management initiatives outside of area of expertise
- Ability to manage tasks and activities in a timely manner and be responsible for specific outcomes
- Basic knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to keep confidential sensitive information
- Strong research and communications skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks.
- Interest in working with a culturally diverse team from around the globe to design, develop, and deploy programs and share knowledge
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, with an inclusive approach
- Effective communicator with good written and oral presentation skills
- Team player and active listener with the ability to respond to and develop the ideas of others
To qualify for the role you must have
- Candidates with exposure to operating in a data protection compliance or advisory role would be preferred
- University graduate with 3-5 years of experience
- Good academic background
- Advanced MS office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Candidates with people management / team handling experience would be preferred
- Candidates with exposure to client interaction would be preferred
- Candidates with a recognised data protection/data privacy qualification (e.g. CIPP) or willingness to obtain the qualification in first six months with team would be preferred.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to operate and flex in an ambiguous and changing environment to respond to emerging priorities
- Experience of working to deadlines and delivering high quality outputs
- Ability and willingness to periodically work flexibly e.g., participating in calls outside of standard office hours (early morning/late night) to support our global organization
What we look for
We’re looking for an experienced, high energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class RM initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.