Today’s world is fueled by vast amounts of information. Data is more valuable than ever before. Protecting data and information systems is central to doing business, and everyone in EY Information Security has a critical role to play. Join a global team of over 900 people who collaborate to support the business of EY by protecting EY and client information assets! Our Information Security professionals enable EY to work securely and deliver secure products and services, as well as detect and quickly respond to security events as they happen. Together, the efforts of our dedicated team help protect the EY brand and build client trust.
Within Information Security we blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and technology solutions as we consider the entire security lifecycle. You will join a team of hardworking, security-focused individuals dedicated to supporting, protecting, and enabling the business through innovative, secure solutions that provide speed to market and business value.
Security Technology Services (STS) organization, a part of Information Security, enables over 390,000 individuals across 150+ countries to access systems and information securely. As a member of the Security Technology Services (STS) team, the Cybersecurity Solution Architect brings strategy to fruition through the creation and delivery of architectural artifacts, lead solution development efforts and provide cyber defense consulting service to project teams. The successful candidate will lead proof-of-concept efforts to finalize technology selection and fit into EY environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Drive the successful delivery of SIEM, SOAR and security management investment efforts.
- Network with stakeholders, Cybersecurity Engineers, and operations teams across the information security organization to drive development of enterprise scaled solutions.
- Work with Enterprise Architects to ensure alignment with strategic objectives, leverage design principles and targets, while providing input into program direction as needed.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements, capabilities, and formulation of solutions, while identifying risks, dependencies, financial impacts, and the risk profile in the technical solution.
- Drive proof-of-concept, design, and implementation activities from an architectural perspective.
- Develop and maintain solution architecture documents and other artifacts to guide planning, design, and implement the proposed solution
- Present subject matter to program / project teams, governance forums and other audiences as needed.
- Compile technology findings and recommendations for leadership decisions.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, perform in-depth research and be a continuous learner
- Establish & maintain a network of stakeholders from various organizations in IT and security
- Travel requirements < 10%
Skills and attributes for success
- Deep understanding of SIEM products – Sentinel and Splunk
- Significant Information Security experience, especially Threat Management, Incident response, malware analysis experience
- Hands-on experience with various information security tools such as FWs, EDR, Vulnerability Management
- Good understanding of SOC and information security management workflows in enterprise organizations
- A grasp of perimeter security controls such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, network access controls, and network segmentation
- Expertise in one or more cloud services – Azure, AWS and GCP
- Superb communication & presentation skills, especially to executive leadership
- Awareness of audience perspective, both technical and business leaders
- Experience developing security architecture artifacts that includes infrastructure and solutions design components
- Previous experience with Cortex XSOAR or other SOAR products is a plus
- Exposure to Agile Framework and Azure DevOps tools
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years of experience in the Information Technology field
- 5+ years of architecture experience, including solution architecture
- 3+ years working with SIEM, SOAR and Security Management technologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Security certification such as CISSP or CISM
- TOGAF and/or SABSA architecture framework
What we look for
- Have experience developing detailed security and infrastructure architectures
- Have a working knowledge of infrastructure technology including network security, endpoint security, data security, and Cyber Defense
- Be well versed & educated in common Information Security practices and the CISSP domains
- Be able to leverage knowledge to influence the speed and direction of projects
- Be able to consider the variety of options available and recommend the best approach or solution, weighing the benefits and detractors of each
- Possess a delivery-focused mindset for speed to market
- Be able to think broadly in terms of overall project approach and show adaptability as customer ask or leadership direction shifts
- Be able to research and come up to speed quickly on new technology areas
- Be able to aggressively network, establish relationships, and come up to speed on complex global technology landscapes
- Deep critical thinking skills demonstrating analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including preparation & delivery of presentations
- Good judgment, tact, and decision-making ability
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change, and exercise appropriate time management to meet objectives
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.