Technology Consulting (CYBER) – Data Protection & Privacy Manager
EY’s Cyber Security and Data Privacy practice is one of the fastest growing areas of EY’s consulting business. Join our team and you will be leading engagements and providing advisory support to help our clients to improve their privacy and data protection posture to respond to challenging data and security threats.
EY has an immediate requirement for data privacy managers with diverse skills and experience. We are seeking candidates that enjoy working on a wide variety of projects, collaborating with internal and external client teams, building relationships and a desire to learn and progress their career in the field of Data Protection and Privacy.
Your key responsibilities
- Helping Clients to implement Data Protection regulations and standards in their business
- Development of policies, processes, and procedures to support Client compliance with Data Protection regulations and standards
- Conducting privacy maturity assessments for our clients to establish the level of integration that they have achieved for their privacy and data protection assurance reporting into their Risk Management Framework.
- Completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments for business change and new technologies.
- Creation and improvement of our Client Records of Processing Activities
- Supporting Clients to integrate Data Protection systems and tools
Skills and attributes for success
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in either providing privacy advice and consultancy or experience working in a data protection or privacy compliance role.
- Broad knowledge of technology, information security, risk management and/or corporate governance.
- Consulting experience, including Project Management experience or training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse complex information and identify key and relevant points.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 5 years’ experience in a Data Protection or Privacy role.
- Relevant third level qualification (e.g. law, computer science, cybersecurity, information management, privacy engineering).
- CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT, CDPO, Law Society or similar qualification (at least one required).
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Technology implementation or integration experience.
- CISA, CISM, ISO27001 (desirable)
What we look for
An ambitious Manager to simultaneously work with multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity providing advice on Data Protection & Privacy. Someone who can design plans and draft reports and manage a team. A Leader who will support with business development and the continued development of the consultancy business.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2022 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.