Technology Consulting (CYBER) – Data Protection & Privacy – Senior Manager
EY’s Cyber Security, Data Protection and Privacy practice is one of the fastest growing areas of EY’s consulting business. Join our team and you will have the opportunity to deliver engagements and provide advisory support to help our clients improve their capability to respond to challenging data management and security threats. With EY you will get the opportunity to be involved in innovative and exciting projects that deliver a better working world.
EY has an immediate requirement for a Senior Manager with data protection and privacy knowledge, and experience in advising the senior leadership of our Clients. This is an opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, collaborate with internal and external Clients, build relationships, and establish your own reputation in the field of Data Protection and Privacy (‘DP’).
We are passionate about learning, innovation, and technology. We are positive, experimental, and adaptable. We constantly look at how to improve processes and strive to make it better. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative, and productive.
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering quality work for our Clients, highly motivated, a privacy advocate, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
Your key responsibilities
Candidates should be capable of acting independently in delivering services to our Clients with minimal guidance and ideally have experience dealing with regulators.
Candidates will possess, or demonstrate the capability to deliver these requirements:
- Advise senior management and/or the Board on DP Matters
- Experience dealing with Data Protection Commissioner’s office
- Advise on the development of DP Strategy, including establishing and documenting privacy risk appetite for Clients
- Foster relationships with client personnel to analyse, evaluate, and enhance change processes and information systems to develop and improve DP with a focus on the privacy rights of all stakeholders
- Oversee the drafting of new and amended DP policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines, where required, in consultation with key stakeholders to ensure organisational compliance
- Develop DP risk assurance metrics that can be reported through all levels of the organisation, from operational delivery at the first line, to senior management and the Board
- Construct and deliver audits and assessments of DP compliance; design and cost roadmaps for remediation to deliver strategic objectives
- Conduct risk assessment and support change delivery teams in designing risk mitigation measures for Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Security and Risk Frameworks such as NIST, ISO, COBIT or CIS
- Collaborative working with client CISO/Information Security
Skills and attributes for success
- 8+ years’ experience of managing EU and global data protection requirements
- Expert knowledge of GDPR and other relevant legislative/regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements
- Experience in designing, managing, and delivering DP Programmes
- Mentor and lead all team members to deliver effective and excellence on engagements
- Strong ability to influence and effectively challenge management and business partners in a constructive manner while maintaining independence
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A high level of expertise and understanding of DP Legislation and how the principles of Privacy can be implemented in any business setting
- Relationship and business development skills that will contribute to the continued development of the consultancy business
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to build a high performing team who are engaged, motivated, and inspired to continually add value in the delivery of business objectives
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in and a willingness to deliver in an environment that requires multi-tasking; you will be delivering for our Clients, managing several teams, and working on multiple client proposals and tenders concurrently.
- Ambition. The opportunities are endless within an organisation like EY, we empower people with the right mindset and skills to navigate what’s next, become the transformative leaders the world needs, pursue careers as unique as you are and build your own exceptional EY experiences.
What we look for
- Ability to develop good working relationships, with a commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing environment
- An effective communicator and a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion for data protection obligations and privacy rights
- A leader who thrives by making things happen in a dynamic organisation
If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise, and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2022 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.