At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is seeking a highly engaged attorney with a passion for all things privacy to join our growing legal team. The ideal candidate is an effective and practical attorney who will work cross-functionally to provide counsel and compliance strategies to teams across Klaviyo on various privacy and data protection matters. This is a great opportunity for a team-oriented attorney, who is interested in growing a culture of privacy.
How you will make a difference:
- Lead the continued development, maintenance and improvement of Klaviyo’s global privacy program including effective policies, procedures and documentation.
- Partner closely with the product, security, marketing and other cross-functional teams on data privacy projects and advising on day-to-day questions about data privacy requirements.
- Develop and scale Privacy-By-Design strategies and drive impactful business solutions.
- Maintain and update forms of data protection agreements, and assist the commercial and procurement teams in drafting, reviewing and negotiating related agreements.
- Conduct periodic privacy training.
- Monitor and advise on new, pending and proposed domestic and global privacy and data protection legislations that could impact the business.
- Support global expansion efforts including advising on country specific privacy requirements and considerations.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 years of combined relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal team, working on privacy and data protection
- Strong knowledge of data protection laws and regulations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). CIPP/EU/US certification is a plus.
- Experience with managing a privacy program and product counseling.
- Working knowledge of TCPA is a significant plus.
- Degree and membership in at least one state bar
- A practical, business-oriented approach focused on execution, and comfortable making thoughtful, creative decisions on cutting-edge legal issues.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.