- Full Time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The (Function/Dept) Team
Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud (CIC), powered by Auth0 technology, is an
easy-to- implement authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. We make access to applications safe, secure, and seamless for the more than 100 million daily logins around the world. Our modern approach to identity enables this Tier 0 global service to deliver convenience, privacy, and security so customers can focus on innovation.
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners across Engineering, Legal, Data and Product to embed sound technical privacy practices in everything we ship and help uncover risks before they become issues;
- Contribute towards development of new privacy features, tools, and scalable solutions to optimize the work of the Privacy Engineering team and enable us to deliver privacy-centric solutions for our internal and external stakeholders
- Foster a forum of data stewards to operate as an extended support team for privacy engineering initiatives.
- Collaborate with Privacy Engineering leadership for annual planning, prioritizations and progress management
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience performing technical privacy or security reviews, recommending good design patterns, and identifying trade-offs
- Coding and code review experience in one or more general purpose language, including the ability to create simple programs and scripts along with diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Foundational understanding of database principle.
- Privacy domain knowledge including:
- Privacy By Design best practices in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to identify common hurdles to and solutions for effective data privacy and security
- Experience in privacy with one or more of the following privacy domains or technologies:
- Privacy impact assessments, data inventory, user data protection, loss prevention, encryption, data anonymization, pseudonymization,
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate, and influence stakeholders across multiple disciplines (engineering, legal, compliance, and data)
- Ability to challenge the status quo while remaining pragmatic and championing trust with partners
- Ability to evaluate new tools and processes to enhance data privacy capabilities
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA / CPRA, or other privacy regulations
- Experience with Privacy Engineering tools
- Experience with data pipelines for large scale systems
- Experience implementing data privacy in cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Experience implementing data privacy in large scale data system (Snowflake)
- Experience implementing data privacy in NoSQL data stores including MongoDB
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.