The Information Security (InfoSec) organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software, and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our systems, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an information security program manager to be a part of our security risk management team, which focuses on building and supporting a security risk oversight function. Help us elevate and accelerate the maturity of our compliance capabilities by leading prioritized activities related to our compliance strategy. The successful candidate will need to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the company. To achieve this you must have excellent leadership, communication, and decision making skills.
- Perform annual audits and assessments against industry standards, such as ISO 27001, SOC 1 and SOC 2, HITRUST, etc.
- Document and communicate compliance activities, collaborating with a range of stakeholders from individual contributors to senior leadership levels.
- Contribute to security program development by identifying new or emerging opportunities to apply security principles and technologies.
- Analyze the security of new or existing applications, software, or specialized utility programs and provide recommendations for maintaining compliance.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging security regulations and best practices to reasonably anticipated changes to the privacy and security compliance landscape.
- Be an integral member of the compliance team to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the company to aid in achieving consensus, expectation setting, training and awareness, and promote consistency and improvement in our processes.
- Contribute to the production and improvement of the content, quality, and timing of security governance, risk and compliance analysis and reporting.
- Own and drive activities related to the remediation of technical security and compliance risks with cross-functional teams, including, but not limited to, leading meetings, working to assign, track work items, and producing report
- 5+ years of related work experience in Information Security Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) or relevant Compliance roles in the tech industry.
- Have driven several compliance/audit processes within a similar technology company.
- Experience supervising the operation of compliance audits across a range of industries and regulations (e.g., SOC 2, SOC 1, ISO, HITRUST, ISMAP).
- Experience with prioritizing compliance related work.
- Can implement a solution (design), operational plan, and roadmap to achieve goals.
- Experience implementing agile use cases in a GRC technology solution.
- Executive presence: can represent a vision and build consensus across a variety of partners.
- Knows how to estimate work effort and incubate skill sets to achieve team goals.
- Has advanced knowledge of common security and compliance requirements and can escort these issues through triage / risk treatment conversations.
- Validated understanding of relevant information security frameworks, including related regulatory compliance requirements, such as ISO 27001/2 (including ISO 27017 & 18), FedRAMP, SOC 2 Trust Services Criteria, CIS Top 20, PCI DSS, NIST CSF / 800-53, HIPAA.
- Strong knowledge of audit and risk management methodologies, such as SOX, COBIT, NIST RMF / 800-37 / 800-30.
- Hands-on experience with data analytics and business intelligence dashboarding tools (e.g., Power BI) and with agile project management tools (e.g., Jira).
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Able to discuss issues at technical and business levels with audiences of various backgrounds.
- Experience in a high growth business environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- SaaS and data management industry experience is a plus.
- Professional certifications in Information Security or Risk Management (e.g., CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CSX-P, CISSP, CCSK) is a plus.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Linkedin | Twitter | Instagram | Rubrik.com |
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
EEO IS THE LAW – POSTER SUPPLEMENT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION