About Team & About Role:
Archival is an essential part of Rubrik's Data Protection Solution. The team's charter is to enable our customers to use cloud storage for their long term data protection needs in a highly secure, reliable, flexible, cost-effective manner with high performance. The team develops solutions focused on areas like Immutability, Storage Tiering, Data Movement across clouds, while providing access to data in the cloud at high speeds. Archival also combines with other Rubrik features like Replication to provide powerful and flexible solutions for long term data protection needs in different topologies. Furthermore, archival provides key infrastructure for other features like Cloud Instantiation and other products. This team’s growth and scope will continue to expand as a crucial part of Rubrik’s success and product offering.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and drive the roadmap for Archival and deliver functionality which enables customers to benefit from the latest cloud storage offerings
- Define a strong long term strategy for Archival by working closely with your peers in Product Management, Architects, and Program Management to bring diverse viewpoints and goals together
- Play mentor/coach to the team and enable their growth, and expand the team through strategic hiring investments
- Collaborate effectively with a highly talented extended team (and a counterpart) in India
- Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability
- Bring a passion for solving customer problems, work closely with Support and cascade the same passion within your team
Experience You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience in an Engineering Manager role
- Has previously collaborated with or managed an offshore development team
- Experience delivering enterprise software solutions
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes
- Experience working with Product Managers on feature development
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Prior experience in Data Protection and/or Cloud technologies
- Been a central figure in recruiting and scaling teams
- Previous experience with large base of customers
- Managed a team of Senior SWE’s
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.