Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management and have raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. Rubrik has been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup. As cloud adoption continues to grow at an astounding rate, we’ll be solving some of its most interesting challenges while building a product unlike anything seen before. This is a massive challenge and we’re just getting started so there is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and contribution.
Information Security – Who We Are
The Information Security organization advances the overall state of security at Rubrik through critical initiatives and coordination of large security projects. Information Security builds technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at Rubrik to develop secure software and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. Information Security also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our assets, provides awareness education to teams on security best practices for data protection, and ensures data governance and data sharing relationships with third parties in order to securely protect Rubrik information.
Where can you make an impact?
Rubrik is seeking an Infrastructure Security Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that Rubrik's backend data center and cloud services are designed and implemented to the highest possible security standards. You will partner with a variety of stakeholders across the business to achieve successful security outcomes in customer experience and productivity deliverables.
- Partner with engineering teams across rubrik to create secure cloud infrastructure and network design and deployment architectures utilizing threat models and risk analysis documentation
- Define policies across the organization for secure networking cloud design models within hybrid and public cloud environments
- Work with development teams, operations, governance, and other stakeholders to draft security standards and implement monitoring, alerting and governance to adhere to those standards
- Support incident responders in analyzing applicable threats, vulnerabilities, controls and residual risks
- Analyze and harden existing applications, infrastructure, automation, and deployment processes
- Support and operate network security capabilities in both public and hybrid cloud environments
- Bachelor’s degree required; BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 6+ years experience in Network security modeling in both Data Center and Public Cloud
- 4+ years’ experience in cloud security, with experience across AWS, GCP and/or Azure infrastructure design
- 2+ years experience in VMWare and physical server networking
- Broad knowledge of private and public cloud attack vectors and exploits
- Subject matter expertise in Public Cloud Networking and Virtual Firewalls
- Deep understanding of compute, network and storage technologies in AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Programming experience in Python, Go or Java
- Deep security subject matter expertise in at least one major public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with deploying and securing SaaS applications and cloud networking at scale
- Working experience with automation, containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc) and MicroServices
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, etc.
- Understanding of cloud security maturity model frameworks and how to apply them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.