- Full Time
Tesla’s Information Security organization is looking for a highly motivated Technical Program Manager to help maintain Tesla’s high security bar. The Information Security Engineering Program Management team partners closely with engineering teams across Tesla to deliver impactful and scalable security initiatives.
The successful candidate is one who has the ability to work directly with software developers to understand their needs, and design security systems and solutions that enable developers to operate more effectively, securely and safely.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of Information Security fundamentals, and ability to gain a technical understanding of the entirety of the program across its lifecycle and drive it to completion. If you consider yourself a project wrangler, a strong collaborator and a driver of metrics, then you are likely a good fit for this role. You should have the ability to drive complex, technical cross-functional programs and take off running. You will play a critical role executing high-impact technical information security initiatives that directly reduce the risk to the business while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our organization.
This TPM role will report to Information Security TPM Manager and be based in Fremont, CA.
· 8+ years Technical Program Management experience. At least 3+ years Technical Program Management experience in the Information Security, Network Security, Incidence response Risk Management, or related domains
· Have a solid understanding of large-scale infrastructure and software engineering concepts
· Experience in developing and driving security initiatives such as building platform wide authentication systems, authorization at scale, vulnerability management, etc. This includes defining scope, driving consensus on the technical design, building and aligning on roadmaps and proactively identifying and managing risks.
· Experience leading large-scale initiatives with minimum supervision
· Education/Experience in computer science, software engineering, and/or related technical field
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
· Exceptional organizational as well as written and verbal communication skills to drive projects across multiple programs and manage stakeholder expectations
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing requirements quickly
· Ability to build strong, sustainable relationships with diverse internal and external partners at all levels
· Proficiency in project management tools – MS office suite, Confluence, Jira