- Full Time
As a part of our Legal group, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and experienced team on a wide variety of legal issues impacting Tesla’s business and products globally. You will work directly with business and engineering teams to design innovative privacy solutions for products as well as across the legal department on Tesla activities and regulatory issues.
You may be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and complex aspects of the law. Legal smarts are required but you need to have a keen business sense, a strong work ethic, and a deep passion for customers and data protection. You must have the ability to operate independently, proactively, and cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams across the company. As we expand our offerings globally, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact. This candidate can sit in either Austin, Texas, or in Fremont, California.
- Minimum of 7-10+ years of relevant experience at a law firm, in-house corporate with evidence of exceptional ability
- Strong knowledge of global privacy laws including United States, APAC and Europe
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to constructively balance change in alignment with business needs
- Strong execution and project management skills, and ability to corral stakeholders from across the organization on cross-functional projects
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal skills with the ability to present information/complex legal matters clearly and concisely
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
- Consultancy experience is a big plus
- Certified International Privacy Professional Certification (CIPP) is preferred