Our client, a top company delivering branded payment programs to help meet today’s most challenging business objectives, is seeking a Data Privacy Manager to join their growing team! We are seeking a multifaceted leader excited to own and drive fundamental aspects of a privacy program. This individual will collaborate with stakeholders across the company to perform privacy assessments, drive data privacy initiatives, and enforce data privacy policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have data privacy experience in highly regulated environments. Professional security management certifications are also highly preferred: CIPP/US or CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT or CDPSE, CISSP.
- Support the development of the strategy, delivery, and evaluation of the global compliance and privacy programs
- Provide technical design guidance and insights for scalability for privacy requirements
- Validate Data Retention practices
- Investigate and implement technologies that will identify and protect data in transit and at rest
- Work with Product team, Legal and internal Stakeholders on Data Privacy Initiatives.
- Implement solutions and automated controls that support the organization’s privacy infrastructure
- Perform privacy team support activities to develop, implement and administer data privacy and compliance programs
- Conduct Privacy and Data Transfer Assessments
- Manage notification to Vendors/Partners of PII deletion requests
- Support the security incident response team in the evaluation of, and response to, potential data breaches
- Enhance Data Privacy training and awareness across the organization business units
- Monitor and flag potential privacy risks and provide appropriate resolution
- Manage cross functional dependencies, escalations, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly
- Ensure websites adhere to Security Requirements for Privacy, advise on data protection and data handling standards, notifications and consent mechanisms.
- Manage website cookie usage and opt out options.
- Strong technical background, with experience managing data privacy. Ability to lead continued development, maintenance and improvement of the privacy program including effective procedures and documentation
- Experience implementing privacy initiatives across compliance, product, and engineering teams for a global company. Effectively and proactively communicating program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders
- Experience with global privacy laws, including European and U.S. law including GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, and HIPAA
- Strong communicator at all levels and with outside vendors and partners
- Strong organizational and project management skills, an ownership mindset, and the drive and desire to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.?
- Professional security management certifications are highly preferred: CIPP/US or CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT or CDPSE, CISSP
- Experience in banking, payments, or similarly regulated industries
- Ability to process and understand complex information relevant to cyber security initiatives
Successful candidates will have the ability to work autonomously and be able to bridge the gap between deep technical knowledge and Data Privacy initiatives across the company in order to influence business development and information security protocols across the company.