See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Privacy Counsel, Global Go to Market
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support third party engagements and transactions. As Senior Privacy Counsel you will be responsible for partnering with our worldwide procurement and commercial teams, as well as other stakeholders, to understand, structure, draft, and negotiate data protection agreements with suppliers and partners and continue to build upon the Twilio privacy brand.
In this role, you’ll:
- Negotiate data protection agreements with customers, partners, suppliers, and other third parties;
- Review new products, product features, and services to ensure compliance with data protection laws;
- Provide privacy legal support for B2B marketing and advertising activities;
- Assist with supplier annual privacy reviews and ongoing monitoring;
- Coordinate with a global team of privacy attorneys and professionals to scale and improve processes;
- Triage and prioritize a heavy and dynamic workflow in alignment with enterprise and privacy team priorities, set appropriate expectations with internal business partners while delivering results efficiently.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2-4 years of experience in data protection/privacy law; J.D. degree with admission to at least one State bar or Qualified to practice law in a common law jurisdiction, and in good standing with your local bar;
- Experience negotiating data protection terms of commercial agreements;
- Well versed with global privacy laws, particularly the EU and US law (i.e. GDPR and CCPA), familiarity with additional laws (PIPEDA, LGPD, CCPA, APPI, Personal Data Privacy Ordinance, Data Protection Act, etc) is a bonus;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, quick learner with a strong work ethic, sense of initiative, and a good sense of humor.
- Experience with direct marketing in the B2B space and/or cookie compliance
- Experience reviewing products and product PIAs
- At least one CIPP certification.
This role will be <remote, and based in Australia, Estonia, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, USA or the United Kingdom>.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.