US Government, Administration
- Full Time
The State of Alaska’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking a skilled leader to become our next Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The CISO is responsible for establishing and executing the enterprise vision, strategy, and program to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected and responsible for establishing and implementing the enterprise vision and strategy of the State’s cybersecurity program.
The CISO directs staff in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining processes across the enterprise to reduce and manage information and information technology (IT) risk. They lead response on cyber incidents, establish appropriate standards and controls, manage security technologies, and direct the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures. Responsible for developing, planning, coordinating, and executing all aspects of the cybersecurity program (teams, controls, processes) that aligns with business objectives by collaborating with cross-functional teams to find ways to implement complex, technical solutions while balancing organizational risk. The CISO builds effective working relationships across teams in IT and across state agencies and departments.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong leadership skills in cyber security and regulatory environments including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS);
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in protecting personally identifiable information (PII)/ privacy information on government electronic assets;
- The ability to lead, mentor, and manage dynamic and highly successful cybersecurity teams;
- Established relationships with federal, state, and local resources such as the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center (MS-ISAC), and National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO);
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to articulate complex cybersecurity issues and risks to non-technical executive, program management, and support staff;
- Demonstrated ability to build and establish effective working relationships with the technology teams in all parts of state government;
- Demonstrated ability to influence change in a federated operating environment using collaboration, education and consensus building;
- Previous federal, state or local government experience working in a federated cybersecurity model.
This position can be in Juneau or Anchorage, AK. Both locations offer a comfortable office setting within close walking distance to coffee shops, restaurants and other amenities. We maintain a friendly and flexible work culture that believes in work/life balance and support periodic remote work as mission allows.