US Government, Interagency Information Technology
Exempt; full-time; 40 hours per week; Monday – Friday; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; full-benefits
This professional position offers strategic and technical management of the information security program for Frederick County, MD. This role provides senior management of all Information Security operations within the IIT Division. The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) leads risk management efforts and mitigation planning. The CISO provides strategic direction and prioritization of Information Security projects and Information Security posture improvements. The CISO ensures compliance against required standards and industry best practice. The CISO identifies security policy gaps and offers solutions, along with leading the County security awareness program. This role leads cyber exercises, tabletop exercises, and pen testing. Lastly, the Chief Information Security Officer will recommend and apply controls in a prioritized fashion that ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of County systems and data. Supervision is offered to Information Security and vendor staff. Supervision is received from the Deputy Director of the Interagency Information Technology (IIT) Division.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
Frederick County offers an extensive compensation package to reflect how much we value our employees. The following is what you can expect in your first year as a full time benefited Frederick County Government employee.
- 11 days of Vacation leave with increase after 2 years of employment
- 15 days of Sick leave with unlimited annual carryover
- 11 paid scheduled holidays, plus 2 additional floating holidays
- Day 1 coverage of comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan option to include generous County HSA contribution (if enrolled in the high-deductible plan). This is part of a full range of benefits including Dental, Vision, and Flexible Spending
- 100% County paid 2x annual salary Group Term Life Insurance benefit
- Work/Life balance programs include: Employee Assistance Program and Employee Wellness Program
- Generous Tuition Reimbursement Program
- County and Employee funded Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Vesting after 10 years of service
- Additional service credit for eligible previous public service, military service, etc
- Other employee paid benefits such as Deferred Compensation Plan, Legal Resources, Supplemental Life Insurance, etc.