(Administrative Manager I)
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and the successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
The County of Orange, Health Care Agency is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family, and community health. Under the direction of the Agency Director, a new and dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of six (6) service areas – Correctional Health, Director's Office, Finance & Administrative, Mental Health & Recovery, Public Health, and Strategy & Special Projects – is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community.
OFFICE OF COMPLIANCE
HCA’s Compliance Program is responsible for ensuring organizational compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements. The Compliance Program establishes standards of compliance and ethical conduct for HCA staff, provides ongoing support and education and offers a mechanism by which to report suspected violations. The Office of Compliance also works to prevent, detect, and correct potential violations of law and policy. Additionally, the Office of Compliance is responsible for the daily management of privacy incidents, breach analysis, and reporting.
The Compliance/Privacy Analyst oversees the Health Care Agency’s compliance and privacy activities to prevent, detect and correct potential violations of law and policy. The Compliance/Privacy Analyst conducts required compliance and privacy-related reviews to ensure overall compliance with state/federal law and agency policy, assists with the development of mandatory training, and assists the Chief Compliance Office in the execution of all activities required to ensure HCA's compliance with the receipt of state and federal funds.
This position will be responsible for at least the following:
- Ensure that HCA employs adequate measures to prevent and detect fraud waste and abuse in the Medicare, Medi-Cal, Federal grants, and state contracts
- Oversee the Health Care Agency’s compliance activities to prevent, detect and correct potential violations of law and policy
- Interpret and apply HIPAA Laws and Regulations
- Conduct required compliance and privacy reviews to ensure compliance
- Assist the Chief Compliance Office in the execution of all activities required to ensure HCA's compliance program with the receipt of state and federal funds
- Compliance privacy intake, investigation, and breach determination
- Identify, implement, maintain, and assure compliance with federal and state privacy regulations including Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), and other state privacy laws, in conjunction with the agency's privacy policies and procedures
- Monitor and audit contracts including, AQIS
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate will have at least four (4) years of experience working in compliance and privacy in a healthcare environment. A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Public Administration, Public Policy, Healthcare, or a closely related field is highly desired. A Certificate in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) is preferred.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and/or experience in the following competencies:
Technical Knowledge | Technical Experience
- Strong experience collecting, compiling, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data and drafting audit findings
- Monitoring and auditing programs and contracts
- Monitoring and auditing federal and state privacy regulations such as HIPAA, HITECH, CMIA
- Understanding of compliance program requirements, privacy and security, and HCA programs
- Experience reviewing, interpreting, applying, and explaining administrative regulations, rules, policies, and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Qualtrics, and Articulate
Problem Solving and Analysis | Analytical Skills
- Ability to gather, analyze and apply information skillfully
- Ability to work effectively in group problem-solving situations
- Ability to analyze technical workflow and business processes and develop appropriate solutions
- Experience integrating new ideas and contemporary approaches into problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business and political acumen to work effectively with the public, external agencies and businesses, and elected officials
- Experience presenting ideas and complex material clearly, concisely, logically, and persuasively both orally and in writing
- Ability to provide timely, appropriate communication with the public, external agencies and businesses, and elected officials
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills, with the ability to successfully interact with a wide variety of stakeholders
Planning and Organization
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments, using initiative to accomplish results
- Ability to balance competing priorities with both internally and externally imposed deadlines
- Ability to work independently and use critical thinking skills to accomplish project goals
- Ability to complete assignments with accuracy and in a timely manner
Click here to learn more about the minimum qualifications for the Administrative Manager I classification as well as the physical and mental requirements and the environmental and working conditions.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify qualified applicants. After screening, qualified applicants will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. All applicants will be notified via e-mail of their status in the process.
Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here to review the policy.
Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step.
Structured Oral Interview (Weighted 100%)
Applicants will be interviewed and rated by a panel of subject matter experts (SMEs). Each applicant's rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the applicant's qualifications for the job.
Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All applicants will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure.
Once the assessments have been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.