US Government, Department of Administration
- Full Time
This position has been re-posted. Previous applicants need not reapply as all applicants will be considered.
Director of Security Operations (Information Security)
The Office of Technology & Information Services is seeking an individual who will lead the information security services that monitor for and respond to security events throughout the State Enterprise. This position will oversee the continued development of the SOC program, including MSSP management and oversight. You will lead and manage major security incident response efforts, maintain efficient security operations processes and procedures, and define and maintain the security operations technology strategy. As a leader within the Division of Information Security, you will contribute to the planning and execution of the statewide security strategy by working with technology teams, business units and other members of the organization collaboratively, to continuously improve our state's security posture.
Responsibilities of the Director of Security Operations:
- Oversee the 24×7 Security Operation Center operations, providing leadership and oversight of the Managed Security Services Provider responsible for delivering services to all South Carolina state agencies. Collaborate with state agency information security liaisons to support adoption and effective delivery of information security services.
- Manage major security incidents from inception through resolution and recovery, acting as the primary incident contact for state agencies and working together with the incident response team. Develop and implement crisis communication plans and contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Define and scope IT security requirements, creation, and execution of information security related strategies enhancing the reliability and security of IT systems, projects, and data.
- Work with program and technology leadership resources within the agency to elicit internal stakeholder and agency consumer feedback on service performance; identify opportunities that validate service capabilities and implement improvements.
- Measure SOC performance metrics, report on security operations to executive management. Provide effective and collaborative leadership to drive MSSP performance, monitors adherence to SLAs and responds to SLA failures to recover appropriately.
- Develop and plan the necessary technology asset roadmap and direction for the security operations center. Work with various delivery teams to ensure toolsets used to detect infrastructure security events are deployed on all necessary platforms.
- Support and maintain compliance with government standards and related legislation, creates compliance reports, and supports audits as needed.
- This is an essential position and therefore may require the performance of other duties as assigned or requested.