Under minimal direction the Enterprise Information Security Architect will help to ensure cybersecurity risks and threats are proactively identified and addressed to maintain the protection of Harris County's information systems, critical assets, and network security infrastructure.
- Plans, researches, and designs a robust cybersecurity architecture for Harris County Infrastructure projects
- Aligns Harris County security strategy with overall business and technology strategy
- Develops solutions that align cybersecurity requirements with Harris County business requirements
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the global threat landscape, cybersecurity trends, emerging technologies and an ability to relate them to the county and its objectives
- Regularly communicate vital information, security needs, and priorities to senior management
- Leads the evaluation, design, and implementation of new security solutions and technologies
- Identifies security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Works on multiple projects as a subject matter expert, including projects or issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments
- Conducts threat intelligence, communicates current and emerging security threats, and designs security controls to mitigate threats as they emerge.
- Conducts or supervises multiple enterprise-wide vulnerability testing and security assessments
- Effectively communicates security vulnerabilities and risks to issue owners and assists in remediation efforts
- Develops procedures, educational/training materials, strategy/technology roadmaps, Request for Proposal/Offers (RFP/RFO's), metrics/measures packages, reports, project plans, and communications and executive presentations with little guidance, as needed to support the overall delivery of cybersecurity objectives
- Designs and implements processes and tools to proactively monitor and govern the effectiveness of Cybersecurity controls and services
- Review and apply security controls to Microsoft Azure, cloud based applications, systems and technologies
- Provide guidance in implementation and execution of a Security Operations Center (SOC) / Security Incident & Event Management (SEIM) platform
- Develops, manages, and coordinates security risk assessments for third-party vendors and Harris County internally developed applications/systems to protect data/systems and support governance efforts
- Supports communication and presentation of Cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures to stakeholders and articulates information/data governance solution requirements
- May participate in Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (CIRT) investigations, security-related incidents, and provide remedial solutions, analysis and response activities as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email
This position is subject to a criminal history check.
Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.